Monday, April 22, 2013

5 AM

It is amazing how busy the natural world is at 5 in the morning. Today I woke up to the loud gobble of a big Tom turkey who was happily marching around under my window followed by two hens.  They were fearless,  simply getting on with things such as finding some tender shoots in the yard that were delicious.  I got a cup of tea as was our custom and just watched them. They continued on oblivious.  Even my dog Connor  sat still with not so much as a woof just being awake on a sunny spring morning in Vermont. These are the moments where Tom and I would chat about the projects for the day or the possibility of rain or something equally mundane.  This morning reminded me that life is best savored and that the everyday is more interesting and important than we might of thought. 

No comments:

Post a Comment